Monday, July 11, 2011

My Voice

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. – Coco Chanel
From such an inspiring quote by a remarkable woman is what set me on my journey through the fashion industry.  I am beginning this journey as a fashion student with an expected bachelors of science in fashion retail management. Outside of school to keep more updated about what everyday people want out of fashion I work at Nordstrom BP as a sales associate. I have always had a passion for fashion as one would say. Working in the retail side of fashion I get to see the final stage of fashion set in motion. I have learned the value of customer service and that staying updated on everything that is going on in the fashion industry is the best way to be successful. To know that my knowledge of product and customer service is the reason many women leave with a smile on their face and feeling more confident is everything that fashion is supposed to be.  Fashion is a way to express one selves individuality and personality so without speaking who you are on the inside can shine through on the outside. To achieve the goals I have set for myself I plan on experiencing all aspects of the fashion industry by doing everything from design to event planning as well as buying. My options are limitless and I plan on not just being part of one process of the fashion industry but all parts. I look forward to seeing everything that fashion has to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment