Monday, July 11, 2011

Great Customer Service

 Customer service is what makes companies successful when they start and continues to keep them running. At the moment I can not think of something good that has happened to me due to customer service. But I can think of my favorite customer service story so I suppose I can talk about that until something pops in my head if it actually does. I work for one of the leading companies in customer service Nordstrom. When I first started working there I was told a story that many have heard and some have not but it showed me what kind of company I was going to work for and that I would be able to follow by what they live to do. The story I am referring to is the Nordstrom tire story.  Many years ago a Nordstrom store was open in Alaska it took the place of an old tire store that used to be located there. One day an older gentleman walked into the store with two snow tires he said he needed to return them the clerk at the counter saw the price he paid on the side of the tires so he opened up his register and gave the man back his money. Even though Nordstrom is not a tire store but rather upscale clothing store the customer wanted to return the tires. The tires were returned because that is what the customer wanted. Once people hear this story they realize the quality of customer service for this company. It was not the clerks job to do that or a decision that would normally be simply made but it was simple for the clerk to understand that its always about keeping the customer happy above anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment